Thursday, September 25, 2014

CAED Day 16: The Art Of Procrastination

Visit Victoria Lynn Hall's profile on Pinterest.


I was hoping to tell you about another home project today but life got in the way and it's not finished yet.  It also probably didn't help that I took an extended "Pinterest break" last night.  I love Pinterest. It has turned procrastination into an art form for me!

Follow Victoria Lynn Hall's board An Artist's Life on Pinterest.

I used to really be hard on myself for procrastinating but now I accept that it is just a part of my creative process.  Often it is not really procrastination as much as it is an instinctual pause, giving me space to let my ideas develop or time to come up with a better solution to a problem.

Follow Victoria Lynn Hall's board Let In The Light on Pinterest.

When I find myself procrastinating too much, however, I know it's a signal that my perfectionist tendencies or some other issue is keeping me from moving forward.  It turns out Pinterest is actually great therapy for that too, as evidenced by my "Recovering Perfectionist" board:


Follow Victoria Lynn Hall's board Recovering Perfectionist on Pinterest.

So you see with Pinterest, procrastination is actually a good thing.  I hope you'll follow me there.  Happy pinning!




Artistic Grunge Custom
Artistic Grunge Custom by kchippie
Browse more Mixed media Dry Erase Boards at Zazzle


Time To Create Art Round Wallclock
Time To Create Art Round Wallclock by Victoriart
Browse additional Clocks at zazzle.com



2 comments:

  1. Isn't it hard to allow ourselves to procrastinate when it's generally thought to be such a BAD THING! I completely agree that it's often essential to the creative process to let things 'germinate' but as you say, we have to give ourselves - and perhaps, one another! - permission!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree, Judy! And you have my full permission to procrastinate any time you want to! :)

      Delete