Thursday, September 18, 2014

CAED Day 12: The Art Of Embracing Imperfection

Embrace Imperfection

2 years ago Hippie and I remodeled our master bathroom.  I was and still am very pleased with the results of that project but the room is still far from perfect.  In particular, there is a piece of trim I used as a "temporary fix" for the hole in the wall left by our old light fixture that I'm not 100% happy about.  Yet whenever I contemplate correcting it I begin to foresee a scenario where I end up having to take a sledge hammer to the entire plaster wall (like I did in the kitchen) and I'm not ready to go down that road at the moment.

So, what's a girl to do but turn to her muse for a more creative solution.  Her suggestion: more butterflies (of course, more butterflies solves everything!).  Two trips to two separate craft stores later, we had a plan.  Last night I finally put it into action.

All of my required tools for Operation: More Butterflies

I used my beloved butterfly punch on some card stock scrapbook paper and then attached a couple of eyelets to each one (I don't have an eyelet setting tool, so I consulted the internet and found these very useful instructions on scrapbook.com).  

Completed butterflies

Then I simply threaded some paper string through them and hung the completed "butterfly banner" over my imperfect trim work using a couple of push pins.  I had planned to use the "embrace imperfection" charm I purchased as part of the banner too, but it was too heavy, so I just attached it directly to my mirror frame below it.

My Butterfly Banner

I thought it was kind of cute after I finished hanging it last night but today when I walked into my bathroom and saw it in the daylight, it seemed more special somehow.  It was as if magic fairies had put a spell of enchantment on it while I slept.  Suddenly, I remembered how much I love my unique, quirky master bath, imperfect trim and all!

My One-of-a-kind Master Bathroom




Butterfly Collage Courier Bag
Butterfly Collage Courier Bag by Victoreeah
Check out more Pattern Messenger Bags at Zazzle



No comments:

Post a Comment