Sunday, July 29, 2012

Garden In Progress: June & July

Garden shed in morning light


I have admitted here before that I am a recovering perfectionist. When I call myself that I don't mean that I used to do everything perfectly and now I don't. What I am talking about is my attachment to perfection and how that used to, and sometimes still does, keep me from achieving or even attempting to achieve my goals.

Take my garden for instance. The record breaking high temperatures and my other projects have not allowed me the time I would like to spend working on my garden right now. This means there are more weeds than I would like and a few other issues that can't be solved in one day. The perfectionist part of me is appalled by this, she feels that if we can't remedy the whole situation immediately and have a perfect garden, we might as well throw in the towel. Then there is this other part of me; this patient and confident presence that I like to call the muse of progress.

The muse of progress reminds me that if I just spend a little time each morning tending to my garden that my flowers will still bloom and my projects will eventually get done. She isn't blind to all the work ahead of me, but she helps me focus on just one tiny bit at a time and it is amazing to see how all those tiny bits slowly build up, well on their way to becoming huge accomplishments.

So here once again are some photos of the perfection in progress that is my garden.

Garden in late June

Summer Blooms

Cone Flowers (Echinacea)

Zinnias

Some friendly Fairy advice

4 comments:

  1. Your garden looks so magical.

    "It is through art, and through art only, that we can realise our perfection." ~Oscar Wilde

    You've already reached perfection through your art. Keep up the great progress on your garden. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks super pretty! (:

    ReplyDelete