Friday, November 4, 2011

30 Days of Holiday Cards - Day 9: Winter Wrapping


Today's card features an image of my painting "Winter Wrapping". 

That's right, I said the W word.  As far as I'm concerned Winter always comes too early and stays too late.  My local meteorologist started talking about snow in the forecast on the news today and I turned off the television in disgust and denial.

Still there are a few good things about Winter.  The Holidays, for one.  Also, it gives me a break from gardening.  There are times in the middle of summer when I am sweating and being bitten by bugs while pulling up weeds obviously planted by evil fairies that I will say to myself, "remember this when you feel tempted to complain about Winter."  Of course, I complain anyway.

But the best thing about Winter and the cooler, cold, frigid, arctic weather is the opportunity to adorn yourself with winter fashion accessories.  I have always loved hats, scarves and gloves, I think because I relish the opportunity to color coordinate just about anything.  When I was a kid I would say I wanted to go out and play in the snow just as an excuse to wear my new pink hat or purple scarf.  Then I would stay outside about five minutes.  Seriously, they expected me to play with snow?  That stuff is wet and cold!

So, whether it is a stylish coat, a soft sweater or a cozy blanket, I hope you enjoy your Winter wrapping this year and that it keeps you warm and comfortable until Spring finally arrives again.


"Winter Wrapping" Art
"Winter Wrapping" Art by Victoriart
View another Gift Bag at Zazzle

No comments:

Post a Comment